Koufuku International Limited, a DHI-Owned Company is pleased to announce the vacancy for the post of Chief Operations Manager/ (GM Operations).
TERMS OF REFERENCE CHIEF OPERATIONS MANAGER
I. POSITION INFORMATION
Employer: Koufuku International Limited
Location: Chenary, Trashigang
Position: Chief Operations Manager
Employment type: 3 years Contract (renewal based on performance and as per requirement of the Company)
Supervisor: CEO, KIL
II. Job Summary
The Chief Operations Manager/General Manager (Operations) has overall accountability for the Dairy Processing Plant at Chenary, Trashigang. The position delivers on the annual operating plan, including safety, operating costs, quality, customer order fill, customer satisfaction, environmental requirements, capital projects and organizational development to help ensure the plant business objectives are met. The Chief Operations Manager will work under the guidance of the Chief Executive Officer.
III. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manage overall operation of the plant to ensure that quantitative and qualitative measures included in the operating plan are met, including production scheduling, standard costs, cost reductions, productivity, continuous improvement, sanitation, consumer satisfaction, and capital/technology improvements.
2. Provide leadership to improve health and safety performance by being a role model in safety and demonstrating due diligence through applying the corporate health & safety program elements. These focus on incident prevention through hazard identification, implementing necessary controls, training, education, and audits.
3. Provide leadership to plant management staff by hiring, reviewing performance and providing feedback, determining training and development needs, and providing coaching and work direction. Support managers and teams in attainment of objectives contained in the operating plan. Promote and enhance a positive team environment, including efforts to establish and maintain high levels of employee involvement and communication.
4. Guide department managers in meeting the production demands and datelines through optimum utilization of resources and labor usage strategies.
5. Promote a focus on excellence in all manufacturing practices, including those required to support optimal quality, yield and cost containment, and minimal rework or downgrades. Monitor and communicate performance on an on-going basis to ensure production is focused on targets.
6. Apply and enforce all quality programs in accordance with regulatory standards, as well as customer and Lacteals requirements. Take necessary measures when there is a deviation from policies and standards and participate and recommend solutions to quality issues.
7. Manage to conceptualize and plan food safety interventions, skills in data analysis to support food borne disease surveillance, risk assessment, food safety policies and programmes.
8. Coordinate with other functions (e.g. Supply Chain, Customer Services, Finance) to maximize overall effectiveness and efficiency.
9. Guide management team to ensure plant operates efficiently while meeting or exceeding corporate financial goals.
10. Participate in developing the operating budget in collaboration with the department managers and in association with scheduling departments. Validate and guarantee the feasibility of production programs. Provide regular financial and productivity reviews as required with corporate, local finance, management team and plant employees. Ensure plant-wide communications, providing all employees with key focus areas.
11. Work actively with Human Resources Section in policy development, employee grievances, employee development issues, and employee motivation.
12. Work with Engineering and maintenance sections to develop strategies to reduce production equipment downtime due to equipment failures.
13. Lead the Research & Development (R&D) team professionals for development of new products processes & innovation of new products, and conduct relevant operation research.
14. Prepare, present, and implement the annual plant budget and capEx.
15. Analyze plant daily/weekly/month spending to keep indirect and fixed cost within standards and prepare monthly reports on key activities, issues and required action points.
16. Prepare ISO 22000:2005 & 2018 standards, guidelines, ISO certification and Auditing processes.
17. Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives such as labor reduction, waste reduction, and reduction of indirect cost to contribute to factory objectives.
Supervise employees in the plant. Incumbent is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
IV. Qualification, Experiences and Competencies Requirements:
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Food Science & Technology /Dairy Tech. Science / Microbiology and Veterinary related field preferred.
- 10+ years industrial experience in food manufacturing environment /or relevant experience in food safety & quality control /or Post harvest experiences in Dairy Technology in related field in Govt. Department or any other agencies.
- Experience of working with Government, civil society, international organizations, donors and project management
- Experience in financial measurement of plant performance
- Agri-food industry technology and processes
- Expertise in the following areas: Accounting, Management, Quality, Health & Safety, and Environment.
- Knowledge of regulatory codes and regulations in the food industry is preferred
- Knowledge of cheese manufacturing and packaging processes
- Technical knowledge in laboratory testing in micro labs preferred.
- Technical knowledge of ISO 22000:2005 & 2018 standards, guidelines, ISO certification
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Proficient with standard office computer technology
Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing Results
- Building and promoting partnerships across the Organization and beyond
V. Salary, Allowances & Other Benefits
- Pay Scale:
- Basic pay: 42,190 & Contract Allowance 55% of Basic pay.
- Communication Facilities Allowance: Nu. 1000/- per month.
- Eligible for PBVA of 15% and Bonus based on the achievement of annual compact.
- LTC & all other benefits as per the provision of the service rules of the company.
VI. Interested candidate fulfilling above criteria may submit job application and the following mandatory documents on or before April 23,2021 to HR Section,KIL
Email id: email@example.com
1. Job application
2. Scanned Copy of Academic Transcripts (Mark Sheet, Pass Certificate and Completion Certificate) of Class XII, bachelors Degree/and Master
3. Scanned Copy of Valid Medical Fitness Certificate. Any overwriting shall not be accepted unless authenticated by the examining doctor.
4. Scanned Copy of Valid Citizen Identity Card (Both Side).
5. Valid Security Clearance Certificate which KIL can check online.
6. No Objection certificate if currently employed
7. Work experience
“An application that is not accompanied by any of the mandatory documents as specified above, whether in part or whole and not clearly scanned, shall be rejected without citing any reason”
KIL reserves the right to intake or decline, depending on the experiences /capabilities of the interested candidates, and their performance in the interviews. KIL also reserves the right to select the next candidate based on the merit ranking should a selected candidate withdraw.